Membership & Communications Coordinator
This full-time position is responsible for Green Mountain Club (GMC) membership coordination, development, and communications. Core responsibilities include coordinating membership recruitment and scheduled renewal efforts, conducting regular member correspondence, organizing the club’s annual meeting and other club-wide events, and supporting fourteen GMC section membership activities. Communications duties include coordinating GMC’s social media platforms, monthly email communication, weekly radio show, and website updates.
- Respond to membership related inquiries and requests.
- Work with GMC sections: assist section officers and members with inquiries, prepare mailing labels for section newsletters, and prepare monthly updates and address membership administrative issues.
- Coordinate membership recruitment efforts: write letters and regularly update the membership information brochure, coordinate annual direct mail appeal and phone-a-thons, and coordinate membership outreach events.
- Welcome new members: coordinate and update new member packet, organize premium mailings.
- Oversee coordination of Club’s annual meeting and other member events.
- Serve as staff support to the Membership Committee.
- Manage the business membership program: coordinate regular appeals for new business members, update business member listings online and in print, manage business member premiums, and oversee the annual business member social.
- Oversee updates to GMC’s membership survey every four years (2016, 2020)
- Coordinate GMC’s social media platforms: work with staff members to provide regular and consistent content for facebook, Instagram, and Twitter.
- Coordinate and create monthly email newsletter: work with staff members to produce interesting and timely content to communicate with members and constituents.
- Coordinate and plan weekly radio show (that can be recorded in advance).
- Assist with website updates, including coordination of GMC’s blog to produce an average of one blog post per week.
- Receive incoming membership and donation checks (to be processed by the database manager)
The director of development provides direct supervision through informal and scheduled meetings. The membership and communications coordinator supervises appropriate volunteers and interns. This position is an integral part of Green Mountain Club’s Membership and Development team, consisting of the executive director, the director of development, the membership and communications coordinator, and the database manager.
For membership administration, this position works closely with the database manager. Fiscal responsibilities include providing input to the business manager and executive director for the membership budget.
Continue efforts to maintain and increase the GMC membership and volunteer pool.
Promote section membership and vitality and diversify GMC membership as a whole.
Effectively and consistently communicate with members via social media, email, phone calls, radio, and website.
- Experience working for a member and/or volunteer organization. Demonstrated writing and communications skills, including experience with social media and email communications.
- Strong time-management skills, ability to meet deadlines and work on multiple projects simultaneously.
- Experience with membership database, web sites, and design software. Experience with Raiser’s Edge, InDesign, and Photoshop very desirable.
- Commitment to customer service. Must be able to communicate and work well with GMC members, volunteers, and staff. Must be self-motivated and capable of motivating others.
- Available for occasional evening work (e.g. weeknight quarterly Membership Committee meetings) and weekend work (e.g. quarterly Saturday board meetings and annual meeting in June).
Email cover letter and resume to [email protected].
Position open until filled.
Salary: $34-40,000 with benefits, depending on experience and qualifications.