The Green Mountain Club manages rustic cabins across Vermont for rental by GMC members and the public. These cabins provide affordable lodging for families and small groups to enjoy Vermont’s world-class outdoor recreation opportunities and all the best of rustic living.
GMC’s cabins are basic with no running water, electricity, or kitchen facilities. A wood stove, cured firewood, and detached privies are available at each site. Guests are expected to bring their own bedding and sleeping pads.
Please be aware, the cabins are not insulated and will never get as warm as your home. When spending a night at a GMC cabin, come prepared with the gear and sleeping bags to keep you warm as if you were camping.
Built in 1928 and restored in 2017, Bolton Lodge offers renters rustic accommodations in the backwoods of Bolton Valley, Vermont. Located in Mount Mansfield State Forest, the camp is within Bolton Valley Resort’s network of cross country ski and snowshoe trails. Renters can access the cabin by either following the Broadway Trail from Bolton’s Nordic and Sports Center, a 1.5 mile hike or ski, or via the Catamount Trail from where it heads north from the Bolton Valley Access Road, a 2/3 of a mile hike or ski. Accommodations include unfurnished bunk beds for up to eight guests, woodstove, firewood, and composting privy. There is no electricity or running water.
Built around 1930 and restored in 2016, Bryant Camp offers renters rustic accommodations in the backwoods of Bolton Valley, Vermont. Located in Mount Mansfield State Forest, the camp is within Bolton Valley Resort’s network of cross country ski and showshoe trails. Starting at Bolton’s Nordic and Sports Center, renters can enjoy a mile hike or ski via the Bryant Trail (part of the Catamount Trail) in order to reach the camp. Accommodations include an unfurnished sleeping loft for up to eight guests, woodstove, firewood, and composting privy. There is no electricity or running water.
Wheeler Pond Camps
The Green Mountain Club has two cabins on the shore of Wheeler Pond located in Barton, Vermont: Hadsel-Mares Camp and Beaver Dam Camp. The cabins are near Lake Willoughby, which is at the center of the Northeast Kingdom hiking trails that cover nearly 40 miles in the area. We are rebuilding the Beaver Dam Cabin in winter 2022-2023, but Hadsel-Mares Camp is open for reservations through April 2024.
General Cabin Policies:
- Check in time is after 1:00 PM on the date of arrival and check out is by 12:00 PM on the date of departure.
- GMC Cabins are pack-it-in, pack-it-out facilities. All extra food and garbage must be packed out by guests.
- Guests should not exceed the maximum capacity set by GMC.
- Only supplied firewood or dead and downed wood may be used for firewood. Cutting of live trees is not permitted. Removing cut firewood from camp is prohibited.
- Modification or vandalism of the cabin is prohibited.
- At GMC’s discretion, a facility cleanup/repair fee of up to $200 may be charged to the reservation’s credit card if the facility requires cleaning or repairs after rental.
- Reservations canceled 15 days or more in advance will receive a 50% refund. Reservations canceled 14 days or less in advance are non-refundable. GMC is not able to give refunds based on weather or trail conditions.
- No smoking.