Full-Time, Year Round Positions
Job Title: Development Assistant
Reports to: Director of Development
This full-time position is responsible for assisting the Development & Membership Department at the Green Mountain Club. Core responsibilities include working with the Director of Development on planning and implementing the Capital Campaign, as well as providing regular administrative support to the Development & Membership Department. (Time will be split evenly between the Capital Campaign and supporting the Development & Membership Department, with campaign responsibilities increasing after about a year.)
- Assist the Director of Development with the following items:
- Capital Campaign planning and implementation
- Donor outreach planning and implementation
- Mailings and communications with donors
- Scheduling donor meetings
- Donor communications through monthly emails
- Preparing for board, committee and capital campaign meetings
- Grant application materials
- Assist with planning and provide support for member and donor events
- Provide administrative support to the Membership & Development Department, which includes
- Processing and receiving checks
- Mailing acknowledgement and membership cards to donors and members
- Coordinating donor and membership mailings, including working with office volunteers
The director of development provides direct supervision through informal and scheduled meetings. This position is an integral part of Green Mountain Club’s Membership and Development team, consisting of the executive director, the director of development, the membership and communications coordinator, the database manager, and the development assistant.
- Experience working in an administrative capacity in an office setting and demonstrated oral and written communication skills.
- Strong time-management skills, ability to meet deadlines and work on multiple projects simultaneously.
- Experience with membership or donor database software. Experience with Raiser’s Edge desirable.
- Commitment to customer service. Must be able to communicate and work well with GMC members, volunteers, and staff. Must be self-motivated and capable of motivating others.
- Available for occasional evening and weekend work, such as quarterly committee meetings and donor events. (Comp time is available.)
Compensation: $35,000-38,000, depending on experience. Benefits included.
To apply: Please upload a cover letter and resume to http://jobs.enlist.io/the_green_mountain_club/jobs/3e08829e-31bb-46ee-8c25-19a6d4e2c7db/apply by Friday, October 26.
We hire seasonal staff every summer and fall to live and work on the Long Trail System. We are no longer hiring for the 2018 field season. Applications will open for the 2019 field season in late December. Read more about our Seasonal Field Staff Jobs…
The Green Mountain Club offers a variety of internships throughout the year. Opportunities to work as a field intern include trail construction, backcountry caretaking and volunteer leadership. Internships run from mid-June to mid-August and mid-August to mid-October. Field Interns are provided with a living stipend and have the opportunity to receive an AmeriCorps Education Award upon completion of their internship. There is also the option to earn service learning credits. Please refer to the Field Intern job description for more information. There are also office based internships that involve working with our stewardship program and GMC’s history and archives.
The Green Mountain Club is an equal opportunity employer.