Full-Time, Year-Round Positions
Supervisor: Director of Development
Job Summary: Serves as a key member of the Membership and Development Team providing critical administrative and data support functions. Helps develop and implement, monitor, and manage a comprehensive membership and fundraising database environment for the Green Mountain Club. Provides support for other Membership and Development initiatives, including fundraising strategy, event planning, and member communications. Serves as the primary point of contact for membership inquiries.
- At least 2 years of experience managing a fundraising database, ideally Raiser’s Edge.
- Strong personal and professional ethics, and respect for confidentiality of donor information.
- Commitment to data accuracy and ability to meet strict deadlines.
- Must be able to communicate and work well with GMC members, staff, and volunteers.
- Demonstrates ability to be a positive, flexible, and supportive team player.
- Supports the mission of the Green Mountain Club.
- Manage the constituent database that includes membership, development, and volunteer components.
- Process all donations and memberships (online and paper), sending out appropriate cards and letters, and manage updates and changes to member and donor information. Process donations, including matching gifts, letters, and online donations.
- Manage membership renewal process, which involves managing GMC’s office volunteers that prepare the mailings.
- Oversee duplicate records management, import/export operations, and complimentary memberships.
- Manage upgrades and conversions of Raiser’s Edge software. Identify data integrity issues, troubleshoot, resolve database issues, and relate automated ways to process data and provide technical support to staff. This involves creating a system of redundancy to train other staff for key database functions, such as processing donations and memberships.
- Be the point of contact for member requests that includes reports, labels, data, and information as requested from various staff and volunteers.
- Work on development and membership appeals including collaborating with staff on mailing list development and appeal targeting. Manage process for thanking donors including providing data and material support to staff and volunteers.
- Assist in the planning and implementation of membership events, including annual meeting and the volunteer appreciation picnic. This includes registration, event logistics, and additional support where needed.
- Participate in Membership and Development Committee meetings and Board Meetings.
- Prepare accounting reconciliation reports for Director of Finance and Section Officers, including monthly section membership reports.
- Participate in staff trainings and retreats; assist in other duties as assigned.
Salary Range: $35,000-$40,000
We hire seasonal staff every summer and fall to live and work on the Long Trail System. Read more about our Seasonal Field Staff Jobs…
The Green Mountain Club offers a variety of internships throughout the year. Field Internships are a great opportunity for those looking to begin a journey in trail conservation and construction. Please refer to the seasonal job descriptions for more information. There are also occasionally office-based internships that involve working with our stewardship program or GMC’s history and archives. Interns are provided with a living stipend and have the opportunity to receive an Education Award upon completion of their internship. Interns may also have the option to earn service learning credits if enrolled in school. Seasonal housing is provided on-site.
The GMC provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, sex, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, ancestry, place of birth, age, disability, health coverage status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law. The GMC complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation, and training.