Full-Time, Year-Round Positions
Job Title: Development Assistant
This half-time position (approximately 20 hours per week) is responsible for providing administrative support to the Green Mountain Club’s Development and Membership Department. Core responsibilities include entering donations into the database, providing donor acknowledgements, completing outgoing donor mailings, and preparing grant application materials.
- Assisting Database Coordinator in data entry and batch management
- Facilitating membership donor mailings (printing, mailing, etc.)
- Mailing donor acknowledgement, membership packets, and cards
- Mailing membership benefits or publications
- Responding to membership and donor inquiries (reprinting membership cards, reprinting donor acknowledgement letters, looking up donations, etc.)
- Preparing government and foundation grant application materials
- Corresponding with corporate & business members to maintain relationships
- Experience working in an administrative capacity, preferably with a non-profit organization
- Ability to work in an office setting and remotely to achieve tasks
- Experience with membership or donor database software (Raiser’s Edge and/or Luminate Online) preferred, but any database knowledge is adequate
- Commitment to customer service. Must be able to communicate and work well with members, volunteers, and staff
- Attention to detail and ability to meet deadlines
Compensation: $18-22 per hour, depending on experience. Part-time, permanent staff receive prorated benefits including paid sick, vacation and holiday leave, and health and dental insurance.
We hire seasonal staff every summer and fall to live and work on the Long Trail System. Read more about our Seasonal Field Staff Jobs.
The Green Mountain Club offers a variety of paid internships throughout the year. Field Internships are a great opportunity for those looking to begin a journey in trail conservation and construction. Please refer to the seasonal job descriptions for more information. There are also occasionally office-based internships that involve working with our stewardship program or GMC’s history and archives. Interns may also have the option to earn service learning credits if enrolled in school. Seasonal housing is provided on-site.
The GMC provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, sex, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, ancestry, place of birth, age, disability, health coverage status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law. The GMC complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation, and training.