Run away and join the trail crew for a week! Meet new people of all ages and backgrounds while working and living on the trail. Learn how to build and maintain hiking trails – or, if you’re already an experienced trail maintainer, practice your skills on some neat projects.
Weekly Volunteer Long Trail Patrol crews are made up of 8-10 volunteers and are led by experienced staff. GMC will provide food, group camping gear, tools, and appropriate tools and trail training. VLTP runs on a Friday to Tuesday work week. A minimum of one week commitment is required, although you can choose to stay longer. You must be 18 or older to participate.
Upcoming projects for the 2018 Field Season
- June 29th – July 3rd: Branch Pond
- July 6th – 10th: Branch Pond
- July 13th – 17th: Branch Pond
- July 20th – 24th: Branch Pond
- July 27th – July 31st: Stratton Pond
- August 3rd – August 7th: Stratton Pond