Run away and join the trail crew for a week! Meet new people of all ages and backgrounds while working and living on the trail. Learn how to build and maintain hiking trails – or, if you’re already an experienced trail maintainer, practice your skills on some neat projects.
Weekly Volunteer Long Trail Patrol crews are made up of 8-10 volunteers and are led by experienced paid staff. GMC will provide food, group camping gear, tools, and appropriate tool and trail training. VLTP runs on a Friday to Tuesday work week. A minimum of one week commitment is required, although you can choose to stay longer.
Upcoming projects for the 2017 Field Season
- June 30th – July 4th: Stamford Meadows
- July 7th – 11th: Branch Pond
- July 14th – 18th: Branch Pond
- July 21st – 25th: Branch Pond
- July 28th – Aug 1st: Branch Pond