Save the date!
Saturday, August 11th
Join local GMC sections throughout Vermont as they celebrate the Long Trail with guided hikes and visits to some of the state’s most spectacular places. Or register to hike a piece of the Long Trail on your own. Then continue the fun at local breweries, who will host hikers after their day on the Long Trail. More details to come.
Hike registration will begin on Wednesday, July 11th.
Join our email newsletter to be notified when registration is open.
Brewery announcements coming soon.
- Broad Brook/LT-AT/Pine Cobble Loop (10 miles RT with car spot) – Williamstown, MA. 1600 feet of gain going CCW. Difficult.
- Harmon Hill out-and-back from Route 9 (3.6 miles RT) – Bennington, VT. 1000 feet of gain. Moderate.
- Stratton Mountain out-and-back from Kelly Stand Road (7.6 miles RT) – Stratton, VT. 1800 feet of gain. Difficult.
- Spruce Peak out-and-back from Route 11/30 (4.8 miles RT) – Manchester, VT. 300 feet of gain. Easy.
- Bromley Mountain out-and-back from VT 11/30 (6 miles RT) – Manchester, VT. 1400 feet of gain. Moderate.
- White Rocks out-and-back from Picnic Area (3.2 miles RT) – Wallingford, VT. 1300 feet of gain. Easy/Moderate.
- Pico Peak out-and-back from LT/AT parking on Route 4 (9.6 miles RT) – Mendon/Killington, VT. 2100 feet of gain. Difficult.
- Deer Leap loop from Sherburne Pass (~3 miles RT) – Killington, VT. 800 feet of gain. Easy.
- Worth Mountain out-and-back from Middlebury Gap (5.4 miles RT) – Ripton, VT. 1300 feet of gain. Moderate.
- Mt. Abe out-and-back from Lincoln Gap (5.2 miles RT) – Lincoln, VT. 1600 feet of gain. Moderate/Difficult.
- Forest City/Burrow Loop on Camels Hump (5.7 miles RT) – Huntington, VT. 2200 feet of gain. Moderate/Difficult.
- Sunset Ridge, Chin, Maple Ridge, CCC Loop (8.6 miles RT) – Underhill, VT. 2500 feet of gain. Difficult.
- Elephant’s Head out-and-back from Barnes Camp (~5 miles RT) – Stowe, VT. 1500 feet of gain. Moderate.
- Prospect Rock out-and-back from Route 15 (2.8 miles RT) – Johnson, VT. 500 feet of gain. Easy.
- Laraway Mountain out-and-back from Codding Hollow parking (4.4 miles RT) – Belvidere Junction, VT. 1500 feet of gain. Moderate.
- Frank Post/Forester’s Loop (7.9 miles RT) – Lowell, VT. 2200 feet of gain. Difficult.
- Jay Peak out-and-back from Jay Pass (3.4 miles RT) – Jay, VT. 1600 feet of gain. Easy/Moderate