The Green Mountain Club is supported in our work by our community of 9,000+ members. Our members have diverse interests, but all share the common goal of protecting and maintaining the Long Trail system. Your membership contribution ensures the stewardship of the trail and helps foster a community of lifelong hikers and outdoor adventurers.
If you have ever felt the urge to explore the beauty of the Green Mountains and walk the “footpath in the wilderness,” or be a part of a community of trail lovers, hiking experts, and dedicated volunteers, please consider joining the Green Mountain Club.
You can also join a section! Joining a Green Mountain Club section is a way to meet other club members in your region, enjoy local outings, and work with other section members on trail maintenance in your area. As a section member, you will receive outing schedules and newsletters from your section to keep you up-to-date on section news. Most sections have a year-round program of outings and social events.
- A subscription to the Long Trail News, GMC’s quarterly magazine
- Discounts on GMC merchandise, workshops, publications, and rental cabins
- Special deals at participating retailers, inns, and B&Bs
- GMC branded hook and loop gear strap – new color every year!
- 24-hour early reservation period for Bolton Valley camps (Bolton Lodge and Bryant Camp)
- Free overnights at caretaker sites on the Long Trail
- Free admission to one Taylor Series talk every year
- Exclusive member merchandise available for purchase, such as t-shirts, hats, rocker patches, and stickers
- Regular updates about events, including Annual Meeting and Winter Trails Day
- The pure pleasure of hiking on a well-maintained trail and supporting its ongoing preservation
More Membership options: