GMC Meeting & Event Hall
- Located at GMC’s Visitor Center Route 100 in Central Vermont (4711 Waterbury-Stowe Road
Waterbury Center, VT 05677)
- Beautiful timber-frame building using green energy practices (including 100% on-site energy production)
- Reasonable rates, including a non-profit rate (see prices below)
- Media system with microphone, screen, and projector for slides, video, and sound
- Caterer-ready breakroom (refrigerator, sink, stove, and food prep)
- Wheelchair accessible
- Air conditioning, Natural Light, Wifi
- Fit up to 120 people comfortably in the hall
- Tables and chairs provided
- Expansive campus with picnic tables and a nature walk
- Meeting Hall Rental Info Sheet
- Meeting Hall Rental Agreement
- Sample Certificate of Insurance
The Green Mountain Club partners with Smugglers’ Notch State Park, Stowe Mountain Resort, and Lamoille County Planning Commission to staff the historical Barnes Camp Visitor Center at Smugglers’ Notch during the summer and fall.
Built in 1927, Barnes Camp replaced an older logging camp built by W.M. Barnes that was destroyed by fire. Over the years, this historic structure was used for many purposes including a lodging house for hikers, a ski dormitory, and housing for Green Mountain Club caretakers. In 2014, Barnes Camp underwent a complete renovation and special attention was given to preserving much of the historic charm of this property, including its live edge siding and large, field stone fireplace.
Conveniently located on Route 108 in Stowe, Barnes Camp is now used as a Visitor Center for the Smuggler’s Notch area and a unique rental facility for the public to enjoy.
All rental proceeds help to support the Barnes Camp Visitor Center. Although rental of this property includes exclusive use of the upstairs meeting room, the first floor Visitor’s Center may be open to park visitors during your event.
Room Size: 545 square feet on 2nd Floor
Capacity: The meeting room has a permit occupancy capacity of 60 people.
Included with the rental fee is:
- Exclusive use of the upstairs meeting room
- 2 bathrooms (shared with Park Visitors)
- Use of utility/break room (Note: water from sinks is untreated rainwater and is not approved as drinking water.)
Base Rates for 2017:
- Rental fee is $100.
- Fee can be reduced for providing in-kind services. Please inquire about needs.
Questions? Contact Aaron Jacobs from Smugglers’ Notch State Park: (802) 253-4014 or Smugglers.Notch.Park@vermont.gov