Enter to win a prize and a chance to have your photo featured in GMC’s 2020 Long Trail calendar, the Long Trail News, and other GMC media! Sharing your photos is one way you can support our work to protect and maintain the Long Trail System and other trails managed by the Green Mountain Club.
Photos should be taken on the Long Trail and its side trails, the Vermont Appalachian Trail, or Northeast Kingdom trails.
- Hikers, Shelters, and Trail Scenes
- Vermont Wildlands: Mountains, Forests, Streams, and Ponds
- Green Mountain Flora and Fauna
One-night stay at GMC’s Hadsel-Mares Camp located on Wheeler Pond in Vermont’s Northeast Kingdom. And! GMC publication A Century in the Mountains: Celebrating Vermont’s Long Trail, our 2019 Long Trail Calendar, a GMC buff, and a stainless-steel thermal mug.
First Prize in each category:
GMC publication A Century in the Mountains: Celebrating Vermont’s Long Trail, our 2019 Long Trail Calendar, a GMC buff, and a stainless-steel thermal mug.
All photographers whose photos are used in the 2020 Long Trail Calendar will receive that calendar when it comes out later this year.
- Submit up to three images per category.
- Include information about the photos: photographer’s full name, approximate date image was taken, location, and a brief caption.
- High-resolution digital photos, 300 dpi, in JPEG or TIFF format are preferred and required for print publications. Note: images that do not meet these requirements will not be printed in the Long Trail News or calendar.
- Landscape oriented (horizontal) photos are especially useful in our work. Landscape oriented images only will be published in the calendar.
How to send photo submissions:
Email photos as attachments to [email protected] if under 10 MB per email.
Deadline for submissions:
All entries must be received by Friday, March 15.
By entering the contest, entrants grant GMC a royalty-free, non-exclusive license to display, distribute, and reproduce the entries, in whole or in part, for any GMC purpose, including, but not limited to, GMC publications, merchandise, and website. Any photograph reproduced in GMC publications will include a photographer credit. GMC will not be required to pay any additional consideration or seek any additional approval in connection with such uses. Green Mountain Club staff are not eligible to enter.