Enter to win a prize and a chance to have your photo featured in GMC’s 2019 calendar and the Long Trail News! Sharing your photos is also a great way to support our work to protect and maintain the Long Trail System.
Photos should be taken on the Long Trail and its side trails, the Vermont Appalachian Trail, or Northeast Kingdom trails.
- Hikers, Shelters, and Trail Scenes
- Vermont Wildlands: Mountains, Forests, Streams, and Ponds
- Green Mountain Flora and Fauna
Grand Prize: One-night stay at GMC’s Hadsel-Mares Camp located on Wheeler Pond in Vermont’s Northeast Kingdom.
First Prize in each category: GMC collector’s set including the Long Trail Guide centennial edition and A Century of Long Trail Guidebooks: A Retrospective, and GMC’s coffee table book A Century in the Mountains: Celebrating Vermont’s Long Trail, and a 2018 Long Trail calendar.
- Submit up to three images per category.
- Include information about the photos: photographer, date, location, brief caption.
- High resolution digital photos, 2 MB or larger, in JPEG or TIFF format are preferred and required for print publications.
- Landscape oriented photos are especially useful in our work.
How to send photo submissions: Email photos as attachments to [email protected] if under 10 MB per email.
Deadline for submissions: All entries must be received by Thursday, March 15.
By entering the contest, entrants grant GMC a royalty-free, non-exclusive license to display, distribute, and reproduce the entries, in whole or in part, for any GMC purpose, including, but not limited to, GMC publications, merchandise, and website. Any photograph reproduced in GMC publications will include a photographer credit. GMC will not be required to pay any additional consideration or seek any additional approval in connection with such uses.